Games on Thursday, December 18, 2014
PBL - Important Dates
Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:53:19 PM
Keep these dates in mind when planning your HS Spring Season. Please be sure you have researched any additional conflicts your HS or players may have before scheduling your team for the spring season
2/21/2015 - Registraton Deadline
2/23/2015 - Field Availability to host games due to Scheduler - email@example.com
3/28/2015 - League Start
4/26/2015 - League End
4/05/2015 - Easter
4/18/2015 - ACT
4/22/2015 – 4/26/2015 - Track dates for Drake relays
Other - Prom, School functions, Track meets, etc..
PBL - Important Info + Contact Info
Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:48:30 PM
PBL Umpires - Darcy Yount
- NUMBER OF GAMES: Schedule is for 12 games. Our scheduler will do everything possible to schedule them consistently and in accordance with your blackout dates. League policy is that allows for up to 2 games to be rained out and still considered a full season. Any games played less than that will be refunded at a prorated rate per team/per game.
- FIELD RENTAL: One way to off set cost for this league is to agree to host games at your facility. The league will pay $45 per game slot for the league. These costs are built into the price of the league. All teams will pay the full price for the league and any games your team host, you will receive $45. Example: if you host an average of 6 games per weekend at your facility, your team will receive $270 for that weekend. You must notify PBL if you would like to host games at your facility and provide the scheduler with an organized list of available times. In addition, you may request to host games even if you team is not participating. If you choose to host games, you will need to provide a facility supervisor contact for PBL Directors and Coaches for communication purposes. This information may be posted on the PBL website for situations like weather, directions, questions etc.
- TENTATIVE SCHEDULE and DATES OF PLAY: Teams will generally play Saturdays and Sundays but the league may schedule games on Friday evenings if necessary. If you require blackout dates, please include them in the "more information" section of the registration.
- IMPORTANT DATES TO CONSIDER: Easter Sunday, Drake Relays, Start of HS Practice, ACT, Prom, School Events.
- CLASSIFICATIONS - AGE GROUP: The PBL is a HS Freshman and Sophomore/JV League. We will not normally cross over in age groups unless necessary or requested. If you have a varsity team, you can request special permission to play in the Sophomore/JV league or contact the Diamondbacks League or Van Meter League
- CLASSIFICATIONS - AA or AAA/Major - If we have enough teams per age group - we will separate into Classifications. AA Teams are smaller school teams and developing teams. AAA./Major Teams are larger school teams with high level players.
- UMPIRE FEES: Each team is required to pay umpires $50 per game prior to the game - There will be 2 Umpires per game
- LEAGUE MANAGEMENT: by Sportsplex West in Waukee Iowa
- USSSA Registration: You MUST also register you team through USSSA National Website. You will not be allowed to play without registering
- USSSA INSURANCE: For USSSA team insurance visit www.usssa.com
- After the Registration Process - You will be prompted to enter your roster through the SPW-PBL Website. Please do so for communication purposes. You will need your players Names and email addresses and they will be required to confirm their spot on the Team Leaders Roster. ***If you DO NOT receive an email confirmation, you are not registered. Some emails block the confirmation so please double check your SPAM.
- TENTATIVE DEADLINE: Feb 25, 2014
- GAME LENGTH: Games will start every 2 hours. No inning after 1:40
- WHO CAN PLAY?: League is suggested for HS teams but open to any teams as long as registered USSSA
- 5% of all fees go toward admission